Restarting a Grant Combi boiler after running out of oil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help! The oil tank is now full again but the boiler wont restart - even after pressing the restart button on the boiler. It sounds like it is trying to restart - airlock?

Can anyone help out here?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
you need to clear the oil line of air,do not keep hitting the lockout button as this could cause the oilpump to seize.undo the flexible hose to the burner with a tray under it and let it run until it stops bubbling redo the flexible up, let the boiler run if it locks out more than twice you may have a prob and need a competant person to check out the burner.is it a riello burner[rdb]?

Its a Grant Combi 90 system if that helps. the oil line come up through the floor and into a clear plastic filter. There are two silver flexible pipes which then run from there to the burner. Would both of these need to be undone?

its a tiger loop it will have three connections the middle one[10mm copper] is the feed from the tank.you should see arrows on the metal part the hoses connect to you need to loosen the one with the arrow pointing to the burner the other arrow points to the tiger loop.you need to slacken it at the burner and you will see the tiger loop contents bubble and froth.when you have a steady flow from the flexy retighten and fire it up

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately I did - I should have asked for the advice earlier because I think I had got the airlock problem sussed thanks to what I was told here.

Cheers anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back