Restoring picnic tables

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning Chaps / Chapesses.

I have recently acquired two very heavy picnic tables and a bench. They have been left outside for many years in all weathers and are looking as you would expect. They are still solid and I would like to try and get them looking better. I would appreciate any tips on how I could achieve this. I am not looking to paint them with coloured Cuprinol paint or anything like that. I have some Danish Oil which says is ok for exterior use. Would this be suitable? Through a bit of research I have also seen suggested that maybe using a pressure washer first would help? I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas on this.

Many thanks in advance for your time and wisdom.

Hike

Sponsored Links
Personally I'd blast off all the crap with a pressure washer on a fan spray and then treat the timber - once dried - with Sadolin outdoor furniture treatment (its proper name escapes me for now.)
I've been using this stuff for years and the timber deterioration has stopped - although a few joints have sprung. Easy to fix those with some long screws.
John :)

Thanks for your input. I have plenty of Sadolin which is being used for window frames and cladding etc. I hadn't considered it for the tables. Any other ideas?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back