restoring tiles with paint speckles all over them

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please could someone advise us on what products to use on quarry tiles and marble floor tiles. They are dirty from the work we have been doing to the house and unfortunately there are several speckles of paint on them. I don't want to start scrubbing them incase they get scratched but I can't see that just applying a cleaner will remove this? If I try using a stanley knife or scraper it will take absolutely ages and have to be careful not to damage the tiles. I would really appreciate some advise here

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You may be able to use a weak acid on them such as 'dis clean' which is designed for cleaning bricks.

Or have a look in you local tile shop there are quite a lot of new products on the market now for cleaning and restoring tiles.

The last time I did any work on them we gave them a coat of thin linseed oil followed by a coat of beeswax a few days later then buffed with an electric drill/bonnet

That was a long while ago though and im sure there are better and easier metthods available now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back