Restricted access to AAV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening,

I think I have a faulty AAV but I can't get to it to check. It is push fit and moves, bit sits directly below the bottom rail or my roof truss, the top of the AAV hits the roof truss before it comes off and won't move any further.

The AAV is also boxed in, and is really close to the boxing and external wall, so no room for a saw or dremmel to cut it off.

I have attached a few photos. Has any bode got any ideas of how I change the AAV

//www.diynot.com/network/Greeno80/albums/

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Because every time I flush the wc, the shower trap bubbles away and then we get foul smells in the bathroom. I figured that the vent was not letting air in, so the the vacuum pressure was sucking out the trap instead.

I was wrong though, as I have removed the vent now so the svp is open topped, but the shower trap still bubbles away when the wc is flushed.

Slightly annoying!

Sponsored Links
The manhole is clear mate, I've had a CCTV drainage survey done and there are no blockages anywhere, no leaks, cracks etc.

I think maybe the shower trap hasn't been installed correctly? Is too close to the wc maybe?

Next job is to fit an in line (self closing air) trap to the shower to hopeful stop the trap bubbling, should work unless it is positive pressure rather than negative, right???

I hope so!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back