RESURFACING CONCRETE OUTSIDE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks just looking for some advice. The side passage of our house (15 metres x 2.4 metres) is old concrete laid in largish slabs with expansion joints between. It's all looking old and tatty now gone out of level here and there and got a few cracks in it. I would like to resurface it in some way to give a neat level finish. One option seems to be an overcoat of premixed portland cement that I screed into place - that seems cheap and I can get a good quantity easily but I would have to get it in to separate loads I think as it would be hard for me to get such a large area done tamped and screeded all in one go. Another option might be external self levelling screed like Ardex k 301 or Cementone Cempolay - this would probably be more expensive but more manageable as I could board off sections and do it a bit at a time. If anyone has any ideas on which of these is the most stupid :LOL: or any other better ideas please let me know!! Many thanks in advance - Bron.

Sponsored Links
Forget adding any thin layers of cement based products to the concrete path as it is highly likely to delaminate or crack.

As said, if you have the tolerance, then slab it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back