Reusing Floor Tiles...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

The grouting on my bathroom floor needed replacing so I started removing the old grout. But then I noticed that the tiles weren't stuck to the floor anymore! Obviously I need to lay them down again but do I need to remove all the old adhesive before I do this? If so, what's the best way to do this?

Also, how do I make sure the tiles are all flat/level when I put them down again?

Thanks!

C

Sponsored Links
Hammer power drill an chisel bit , or bolster chisel an lump hammer /elbow grease

make sure the floor is level , then retile

Hi Moz,

Thanks for your reply!

I think the floor should be level as the person who lived here before me has put ply wood underneath the tiles. I'm planning on only retiling about 10 tiles ( I think the rest are fine).

I'm a little worried about breaking/damaging the tiles as I don't have any spares! I will try and get as much of it off as I can and hopefully it will be good as new.

Thanks again for your help!

C

Sponsored Links
Crikey
10 tiles

JESUS ...CRIKEY

dont use a hammer drill then ,LOL

a bolster/lump hammer only ..
tap in middle of tile an work out ways , get as much old mud/adhesive out ,take your time an brush an clean up as you get going ..:)

use thick work gloves as the slivers will slice you too ribbons an A MUST safety goggles , a slither there an OH MY :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back