RF Error on remote and CH turns itself on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone can give me some advice.

Got a vailant combi boiler (Not sure model - pretty new, been in two years but it's stuck up in loft and a pain to get to, got stuff up there I'd need to shift), which is controlled by a remote.

Of late it's turned itself on (CH has been on off for summer). When this happens I notice I also get a RF error on the remote. Guessing it's a communication error with boiler, and it turns on by default?

Anyone confirm this, and offer suggestions, or what else it could be?

Thanks,

John

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Sorry for delay responding, been on holidays.

Remote is a Vailant VRT 360f.

Cheers.

John

Sponsored Links
Fit new batteries :idea: RF = radio frequency :?: eg. lack of/not powerfull enough...just guessing here :LOL: batteries aren`t much £......Now tell me it`s a mains powered remote :oops:

Cheers.

It's battery powered.

Actually last night when I was messing with the timers (Setting them on again for winter) a battery message popped up for the 1st time. COuld it have been low before but not low enough for an alert, and also that would cause a weaker signal?

I`m outa my depth M8 :LOL: But I`ve started a hobby with old electronics - glowing valves etc. so I pick up a bit of knowledge. Just got to watch those 500volts DC :eek: ;) Gotta be worth changing the batteries tho`. You can always use them in another remote

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back