RF Room Stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My parents have a Vaillant 824E combi boiler. They have TRV's all round the house except toilets/Utility Room/Kitchen. They would like to have a RF Programmable Room Stat, I have in my house a Honeywell CM927 RF and like it, it does the job. Since they have a Vaillant combi is it worth going for the VRT360f (I think this is the one for their boiler). What are the advantages, I think the Vaillant one is also more expensive.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Can anybody shed any light on this, I have searched the forums but I have not really found an answer.

Thanks

if they have an ecotec the 360f is fine. If they have a turbomax you need a different one.

Do you know any particular advantage/disadvantage by using the Vaillant as apposed to the Honeywell.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
360 has a lot more control over the combi than the Honeywell. (if you ever need it that is)

It can control the HW pre-heat (times), set the HW temp, control the pump seperatley and needs no mains connection to the receiver unit, just the ebus.

360 has a lot more control over the combi than the Honeywell. (if you ever need it that is)

It can control the HW pre-heat (times), set the HW temp, control the pump seperatley and needs no mains connection to the receiver unit, just the ebus.

Is it more complicated to use than the Honeywell? They want to control mainly the heating on the fly, i.e switch on or adjust the temp of heating at ease. They hardly ever change the DHW temp and I think they do not have the pre-heat for the DHW on anyway. Also I didnt find any mention of a LCD backlight for the Vaillant, is this correct?

Thanks

I find the 360 very easy to use, but many say it is hard to use.

Bearing that in mind and what you have described they want to use it for, I would go for the CM927.

There is a but to this, there appears to be an ever increasing number of these being returned faulty. My local supplier had 3 just today.

Don't know if anyone else has had problems?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back