Ridge Tile options - retro fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Bit of a dilemma with my existing ridge tiles, which have remained secure for 30 years since I last re-bedded them a couple of years after the house was built ( which I assume was due the new roof /trusses settling )

Have replaced both gable end verges with dry and had to disturb the end ridge tiles because of rotten battens and felt , but its clear that many of the others look a bit cracked / on the loose side.
I could simply re-bed them but removing the old mortar might well crack the actual tile, plus they look a bit of a sight with lots of moss and other growths etc.

Looking round the local roofing yard seems the current Marley Modern Ridge tiles no longer come with the inbuilt securing wire or suitable anchor hole.
Wondered how you are expected to secure them without this wire or is it expected you screw them to a ridge batten, which on my trussed roof I do not have, but suppose it could be fitted though again not sure of an easy work around for that ?

Have seen the Manthorpe Smart Ridge system which does seem suitable for use on an old roof; seems most other dry ridge systems need a clean new tile for the materials to stick to.

Not much first hand info or suppliers for this Smart Ridge system, wondered if it was a possible alternative to wet ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back