Riello Burner not working

But you said "It would be nice to remove the fan impellor and run the motor on its own"

If motor is not getting up to speed it is normally tight bearings, or VERY rarely shorted windings.

I have never encountered an impellor that is fouling the housing without physical damage.
I am sure it would be audible if it were.

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for replies. With pump of can see motor not turning at all now. Think its almost certain new motor required. Probably cheaper to replace whole burner and have everything new .Fan will spin freely by hand. Thanks again

If the fan spins freely and the motor will not now turn electrically, bearing in mind that you've changed so much kit, including the capacitor, I'd go for a motor change. A complete new burner will cost!

If the capacitor starts the motor, it will run at its correct speed unless the bearings are running rough, which will slow it, or the bearings are sticking. Replacing the bearings is much cheaper than changing a motor.

If the motor won't start, then the capacitor may be the problem.

Rarely does a motor need changing.

Sponsored Links
I have same issue also control box light (red) is very dim and flickering, as if not enough power, have checked and its gettin the full 240volt,. Any suggestions

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back