Rielo flue question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Possibly one for oilman !!! have a rielo 40 63b oil fired boiler. It had a balanced flue that turns 90 and exits thru the wall. my prob is that it smells my kitchen out so i moved it outside to a purpose built shed. it now smells my back yard out. Can i put a vertical flue on it as i am told that it does not need a balanced flue as it draws its air in from bottom of boiler please help

Sponsored Links
What does it smell of and exactly when? You should fix the problem rather than move it somewhere else. Tens of thousands of boilers work fine, quite a lot that I go to don't, but they do when I leave.

You will have to ask building control if the flue you are proposing is acceptable, as it is part of a controlled service and comes under the building regs. Alternatively you could get someone who is OFTEC registered for installations (not all are) to resite the flue for you.

cheers for getting back so quick, it smells of parafin when it fires up, have had registered chappy round to look at it, he replaced jet as he said it was faulty still smells though didnt know it was so complicated for change of flue

:eek: its a riello 40 burner, what the boiler? i didnt know riello made boilers, please dont take the p£ss cos i did not know :LOL: i get wound up very quickly :rolleyes:
you are running it on kero??
apart from flue, access plate and burner mounting plate, not a lot where gases can leak.

Sponsored Links
wilhelm, I didn't know Reillo made boilers either, just didn't want to look a plonk by saying so.:D

andy..etc....., Regret to say the claimed faulty nozzle sounds suspicious. I have come across faulty nozzles VERY rarely. Even those several years old, we'd be hard pushed to establish there's a fault with them. We have a smoke test and a gas analyser but most boilers don't have a viewing port, so as long as it isn't smoking AND the CO2 is 10% to 12.5% it's probably ok. I think the guy has not established the fault. If I can't identify the problem I say so, or I might get caught later.

When it was smelling in your kitchen it was probably leaking gas from the flue, or you have an oil leak from the pump. How old is the boiler? When it's outside, getting a smell when it's warming up is normal, but after that it should be almost odourless.

;)

yep more details reqd, but the fact you moved it outside because of something that is curable, is quite amusing.
jeeez, wish i had money :eek:

you would be surprised how incompetent i can be
:LOL:
..........but i get over it:cool:

kevplumb said:
WOT you pair cant sort out a little itty bittyt oil boiler prob (shots hook out and waits in anticipation) :LOL:

No need to feel inadequate kevplumb, just because you have nothing useful for this one. You are useful on other problems, honest, you are. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back