right plastic for cop/plast/cop cold & hot tap supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to feed a 15mm plastic pipe through a couple of awkward voids. The best bet seems to be the same as we had fitted a while back(copper/plast/copper) from a shower pump to the shower, also through a couple of awkward spaces ... with copper 15mm compression fittings at either end ... It's more flexible than most, and is a milky white. I asked the plumber recently what make it was and he quoted Wirsbo, who seem to do underfloor systems ... Is that all they do, or is this just one of a range of pipes for other applications? He also said something about the hot and cold being different ... Something about one has to "breathe"?!
I'll obviously carry on trying to find out what I can elsewhere but if anyone is familiar with this it would be good to get some feedback. Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
http://www.gasapplianceguide.co.uk/Wirsbo Systems.htm

I've never seen Wirsbo PEX used above the floor. Why don't you use Hep2o or Speedfit, which is intended for hot and cold plumbing work?

Tip: if you're pushing 15mm plastic pipe through avoid, push 22mm plastic pipe through first (with a cap on the end), then push 15mm through the 22mm, to avoid scratching the surface of it. Either that or Marley Equator conduit (or similar) will do it, but you can dictate its direction as easily.

Softus, thanks for your post ... I've ended up using ordinary pex from speedfit ... it turns out the "void" had a load of white expanded polystyrene in it so I had to cut a panel of plasterboard out from floor to ceiling and make good ... still wouldn't have worked with copper but it mattered less that the pex was a bit less flexible than the wirsbo would have been ... and yes it did get scratched but not throughout fortunately ... Thanks again. Much appreciated. Mike.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back