Underfloor pipes copper or plastic in screed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am cracking on with my conservatory and now at the point of sorting out the heating.

I am fitting an underfloor heating system using plastic pipe but I also want to fit in a radiator.

Can I run 15mm plastic pipe to the rad under the screed or should i do this in copper? Also when I come to do the tails on the rad can these be plastic or where the pipe comes through the screed should I connect copper?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Pipes to the rad in the screed is acceptable, but best to use a sleeved plastic pipe. If you fit these pipes first around the perimeter, then it'll be easy to fit the UFH.

Thanks for the repy. I was going to get a reel of that bpex john guest pipe is that the same as what you have suggested using the sleeved plastic pipe or is that something different?

Thanks

You can use the JG pipe for both the rad & the UFH, but sleeve the rad pipes. Is your conservatory a 'heated' one, in other words is it construction to current Building Regs U values?

Regardless, have you considered fitting a split unit AC/heating unit, we fit lots of these in conservatories, a great wee unit & you can switch it on Summer(to cool) & Winter(to heat). While your UFH is a first class choice, a quick blast with a split unit in the Spring & Autumn is a great way to suppliment your UFH.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice. Yest its to building regs have a very low u roof and windows. I will look into the heating unit cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back