pipes in screed through duct

10 years installing plastic pipe on new build sites to nhbc spec so a lot more experienced than you. Or you would know bend it too tight especially on heating pipes and it will kink when hot. Also it will look terrible bent out the floor. The clueless ignore manus spec's maybe you should have googled and you wouldn't get shown up as a clueless guesser eh nobcorn ;)

Sponsored Links
10 years bodging then obviously.
And no the pipe will not bend when heated. The bend is in the floor numbnuts.

You don't have a clue how it should be.
One years experience X 10 and you think it's right. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
You don't have a clue how it should be.
One years experience X 10 and you think it's right. :LOL:
keep lashing those plastic pups in super plumber (wannabe) the op Can listen to who he likes. Copper out the floor will always look better

I would like to bring the pipes up in copper but this would mean having a push fit elbow under the screed. Will the hot and cold pipework in the duct need lagging?

I would like to bring the pipes up in copper but this would mean having a push fit elbow under the screed.?

No it wouldn't, as per my previous post on page 1. Download the Hep2o installation guide and look at the section on pipes in screed, look at the duct box.

could I not just put an elbow in the duct as it comes up floor level? Or is sweeping them up a much better option?

could I not just put an elbow in the duct as it comes up floor level? Or is sweeping them up a much better option?

yes you can elbow it!!! It will look a lot better ignore Norcon, he's the resident crank, he likes to argue with ducks at the park but as they have migrated for the Winter he moves online. He isnt a tradesman just a google/guess warrior

Norcon you question everyone on DIYNOT as to experience/charges/training yet we no very little about you. Come on give us a short incite into why anyone should listen to your ramblings

Yes, if the duct is accessible (removable cover)

Elbow or swept pipe very much depends on

Is it visible ?
If yes do you prefer copper or plastic

If using swept plastic you could use a cold form bend to hold the pipe at 90 degs

Both can be done

Is it visible ?

If using swept plastic you could use a cold form bend to hold the pipe at 90 degs

Both can be done

do they sell cold form bends at most plumbers merchants?
The duct will just be 2 inch flexi duct, so no removable cover.

Is it visible ?

Both can be done

do they sell cold form bends at most plumbers merchants?
The duct will just be 2 inch flexi duct, so no removable cover.

Where'you got your pipe from should be able to sort you out.

Some are metal others plastic

thanks and have the cold form bend in the duct over the poly-pipe as it rises to the surface?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back