running hot and cold water poly-plumb pipes in solid floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am purposing to run hot and cold poly-plumb pipes in a solid floor, is this ok do they need to be in a duct? Also if no fittings are allowed under the floor how do I go about bring the pipes up 90 degrees through the floor?

Sponsored Links
Cant bury water fittings and pipe direct in screed, but you can have purpose made ducts with removable lids if you use fittings or pipe in conduit pipe if using no fittings, its plastic pipe you can bend it to 90degs (i normally clip it to the wall or cable tie it to something untill screeded).

Sponsored Links
Download the Hep2o installer guide.

There is a useful section about running pipes in screed, including Pipe in Pipe as shown in above post.

Also there is information about spacing between Hot and Cold pipes and how to terminate from the floor, either duct box with plywood lid or special termination fittings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back