running hot pipe along side cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have plans to run a hot water pipe down to my downstairs shower from the combi boiler.

A cold water feed already runs down at present to the electric shower there, however I want to fit a mixer shower hence the need for a hot water supply.

Unfortunately I am very very tight for under floor space what with radiator pipes and the fact that if I cut out more from the joists I will have very little to nail the floor boards to and therefore the only available space is to run it directly alongside the cold pipe.

I know this is not ideal, but the run is only about 8metres before I can space them apart for the last metre or so.

Do you think this will be ok, or will the cold pipe bring down the temp of the hot dramatically???

many thanks

Sponsored Links
one of the main reasons hot pipes shouldnt touch the cold .is due to the fact it could bring the cold water into temperatures fof breeding legionella.

wow! really? never thought of that!!

what if I lag the hot pipe in that grey pipe foam stuff?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back