pipe run to aqualisa shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fit an Aqualisa aquajet shower upstairs. It is about 8metres from the header tank and hot water cyl.

The hot pipe will have to go up a couple of feet to get into the roof space then its all horizontal before dropping to the shower. The cold feed has about 2 feet head to the shower.

My questions are:

will the showers pump be enough to give a fair pressure;
can I run speedfit or similar plastic pipe to it;
Is there anything to gain by using 22mm as far as possible?

Elsewhere on this site I read that a pumped shower can just use feeds from convenient hot and cold pipes nearby.
Is that reccommended please?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The pump should give you decent pressure

Yes you can run plastic pipe, use Hep20 as Speedfit is $hite!

The shower would need an independant cold feed run from cistern in loft. And a independant hot feed run from cylinder, you could use a essex boss or surrey flange on cylinder.

Thanks for that quick reply Jake. Could I take a feed off the hot water supply pipe from the cylinder as its only a diddy pump in the shower rather than a high volume dual feed pump?

Hi

What type of pump did you have in mind?
A twin impeller pump gives balanced feeds. Sometimes uneven pressures can be troublesome.

Sponsored Links
I would always recommend an independant feed.

Although check your manufactures instructions as some say you can tee into the hot supply.

the pump is integral in the shower unit. Im pretty sure it is after the mixer. I fitted one years ago and the instructions then were to tee into the hot supply from the cylinder, it had to be before anything else though.

The proper way to do it is to fit a surrey or essex flange.

I don't like the possibility of drawing air into the pump so they are what I fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back