Dedicated Feed to Shower Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted a 3 bar monsson shower pump which will feed an Aqualisa shower digital shower.

I know the shower pump should have a dedicated cold feed from the storage tank in the loft and that this needs to be in 22mm pipe.

My question is - Can I use a redundant 15mm outlet on the tank and just fit a reducer at the tank end to reduce 22mm pipe down to the 15mm?

It would save me draining the tank and fitting a new outlet.

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
you will need a 22mm supply from tank to pump, 22mm out of pump and reduce to 15mm at digital processor

the cold supply must be connected on opposite side of tank as far away as possible from ball valve to prevent aerated water sucking into pump.

i assume you are fitting the standard digital processor with the black or older grey box

the pump will need to be fitted on the floor next to hot water cylinder

hope the above helps

steve

Just in case, don't forget the dedicated hot feed from the cylinder ;)

Thanks for replies,

Yeah am running both hot and cold feeds to (non pumped) digital unit in 22mm and reducing to 15mm within 150mm of processor.

Hot feed is via a surrey flange which seems the preferred option.

Its just the cold feed - yes I am running the pipework in 22mm but was hoping to utilise the 15mm existing tank connector - If thats not possible then will fit a new 22mm connector but that will mean draining the tanks off.

I have 2 water tanks interconnected. The feeds are in the one without the ball valve so should be fine.

Sponsored Links
Why go to all the bother of fitting it all and then spoil it for the sake of draining the tanks? Use a speedfit 22mm tank connector and it's a piece of cake.

Yep you need a 22mm tank connector. And make sure you only fit gate valves or lever valves (full bore) so the full feed is 22mm.

No prob will do - in fact already have a speedfit ready :)

Fitting gate valves throughout also.

Cheers for the help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back