How to Commission Shower Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted a Stuart Turner Monsson shower pump in the airing cupboard. This has 2 inlets/2 outlets each fitted with a gate valve next to the pump.

The 2 feed pipes go up to loft to an Aqualisa digital shower processor. Again stop valves are fitted to the 2 inlets and the single outlet.

The single shower feed goes to shower diverter valve for rain head/body jets.

Question is with all these valves how do I commission the system to prevent air locks?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
for starters id replace the gate valves with full bore lever valves,secondly why so many iso valves ,just the ones to the inlet off the pump should be enough to isolate the pump, and supply.

Hmmm. Gate valves in now.

The Aqualisa shower processor comes with 3 isolation valves - I guess they are only there for maintenance. If so I could start by opening all 3 of them which just leaves the pump valves.

id definetly get rid of the gate valves as there only designed for gravity flow. trust me youll regret it in the future if you dont.

Sponsored Links
Nothing wrong with gate valves. Did you install any manual air vents at the high points to prime the system?

Not installed any vents as yet.

High point in the system is the shower processor which I have located on the boarded out area next to the water tanks.

Its not too late to fit vents if needed - where should they go and what type? Both feed pipes are 22mm if that makes a difference.

gate valves are fine. just make sure water coming out of shower head before turning power on to pump to avoid i running dry. the valves that come with the aqualisa unit required if in garantee work required by aqualisa.open all valve's power up mixer unit run on full hot then full cold then switch power to stuart turner pump.

Just fitted a 3bar universal.
there are valves on all the flexies so I don't see why you need too many more. This and other neg head pumps hold the outlets at pressure, so I'd share the concerns above about gate valves - they like to leak. (APart from seize!)

Surprisingly important though is the little air bleed on the pressure vessel if you have one. It has to run water for a long time to get the air out. (30 seconds or so)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back