Pipework to shower pump (Mira PPT 3)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of replacing a power shower that gave up.
It was plumbed with a 15mm feed from the cold tank in the loft, through the airing cupbaord and into the shower. Similarly the hot feed comes through a shared flange in the top of the hot water tank in the airing cupboard and ran through the wall into the shower in the bathroom.

The replacement shower is a Mira thermostatic mixer, which is fed with 15mm pipes. However I have been kindly given a shower pump (Mira PPT 3) to save me the cost of buying new. The inlet and outlet flexi's on this are 22mm. As the feed from the tanks, and the feeds to shower itself are only 15mm I presume there is little point in me plumbing up in 22mm in between?

I am planning on joining to the existing 15mm pipework and continuing in 15mm, then fitting a reducer to transition to 22mm for the pump, and then back again to 15mm on the exit pipework from the pump to the shower.

Are there any problems with this?

Lastly, on an offchance, does anyone have an electronic copy of the installation and maintenance manual for the Mira PPT 3 that they could e-mail me? Obviously as the pump was second hand I do not have it.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back