Right to Left Hinge Adjustment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning folks,

Can anyone advise how I would go about adjusting the hinge on this door to the left? It appears to have slipped over time and the locking mechanisms are no longer catching on the bottom half of the door.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20240513_211128654.jpg
    IMG_20240513_211128654.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20240513_211147477.jpg
    IMG_20240513_211147477.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 11
Sponsored Links
Behind that square plastic bung there is an Allen bolt, 5mm if I remember rightly, turn clockwise and the door will move to the left, anti clockwise and it'll move to the right

Thanks @crank39 , that sorted it! I was curious though, is there a particular way that you ensure the middle hinge is in the correct position, the top and bottom hinges seem to do most of the positioning

Not really, you just really need to see how the door or doors for french doors sit in the frame, see where the door catches to determine which way it needs to be moved, it all comes with experience and having been a service engineer for close to 30 years. If for instance a master door on french doors is catching along the threshold you would automatically think it needs toe and heeling but what I would do is look how the door sits, if the gap between the doors is uniform all the way up, 9/10 it isn't and is wider at the bottom so I would use the lateral adjustment on the top and bottom hinges to lift the door using the middle hinge as the pivot point, it's very rare that I adjust a middle hinge

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back