Adjusting height of UPVC Door

OAP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

I have just had laminate flooring in my hallway, I now need to adjust the height of the UPVC door a couple of millimeters, there are four hinges
on the door which appear to have allen key adjustment on both top and bottom, am I right if I adjust the bottom of each hinge probably clockwise and the top of the hinge anticlock by the same amount it will lift the door

Sponsored Links
Just the underneath ones, these allens just push the hinge pins up which in turn lift the door, the top allens just move a nylon housing that the pins fit in, this moves the door in and out because the pins are mounted concentrically, this is used to gain more compression on the gasket

Sponsored Links
Adjusting te hinges is not the way to simply raise the door.
Simply remove the entire door and frame, run a jigsaw or similar along the grooves on the top of the door to reduce the frame height and refit. Once you've messed around with the hinges, you will have problems getting them back in the right positions for the locks to line up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back