upvc door adjustment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have looked at previous posts about adjusting upvc doors but cannot see an answer to my query. My back door is catching slightly on the top catch and I think if the door was raised a couple of mm it would sort it. I believe by adjusting the allen screw under the hinges one can do this but there are 2 screws under each hinge. Do I adjust both or just one of them and which way do I turn them? Any advice would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
I don't know whether this will help but my hinges have a hex screw top and bottom. In order to lift the door I have to slacken off the top screw on all hinges and tighten in the bottom screws. Obviously tighten the top ones back down when finished. It may be that you have a similar setup but with double screws top and bottom or that by some magic configuration your 2 bottom screws are opposed. Check the top of the hinges or try slackening off the same screw on each hinge then tighten the opposite ones.

Also on some hinges there are grub screws that have to be slacked b4 you can make adjustment. Open the door and check the centre of the hinge.

Sponsored Links
There are hundreds of different hinges around. A few photos would help

Sorry for delay. Photo of front of hinge and the 2 adjusters underneath. IMG_20180919_125037179.jpg IMG_20180919_125020762.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back