Help adjusting Everest Aluminium door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'm having trouble with my Dad's front door. It is an Everest white aluminium door and has 3 gold coloured hinges.

It is starting to snag slightly at the bottom edge furthest away from the hinges.

I have previously adjusted my own upvc doors as they have "flag" type hinges, but Dad's have no adjustment that I can see on the hinges. They are just solid metal, no grub screws or allen keys.

I would think there must be some way of taking up some adjustment on the door but can't see anything obvious.

Does anyone have any experience of these sort of doors? Any ideas?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi, you have to take off wedge gasket on the glass, (should be inside)
take off top and two verticals beads and put any plastic packer between the top of the glass and the door leaf on the handle side, somebody need to lift the door up by grab the handles so will make the gap for packer.
Good luck

take off top and two verticals beads and put any plastic packer between the top of the glass and the door leaf on the handle side, somebody need to lift the door up by grab the handles so will make the gap for packer.
Good luck

You assume its beaded and wedged gasketed ;), what if its wrap around gasket???

Anyway, check the hinges when the door is open, look at the screws and they might be allen bolts and the hinges will have elongated holes, crack off but don't remove the bolts, get someone to crouch down and lift the door on the lock side while you tighten the bolts, it may be that the elongated holes are on the frame and not the door so do check first

crank39:-

have you seen entrance alu door wrapped around gasket?
I have not and there is no any :D
Only sliding door could be, T/T windows and other doors can not.

Sponsored Links
crank39:-

have you seen entrance alu door wrapped around gasket?
I have not and there is no any :D
Only sliding door could be, T/T windows and other doors can not.

Plenty thanks - i used to fit them, they were sent to us in a cardboard box in kit form by Monarch a subsidary of the company i fitted and repaired for, i used to assemble them in the yard before going to site to fit them so i know for a fact 100% they were wrap around

Here you go - knock yourself out...

http://www.raldoors.co.uk/brochures/entrance_door_system.pdf

Scroll down to 'Entrance doors'

Good luck

You assume its beaded and wedged gasketed ;), what if its wrap around gasket???

Anyway, check the hinges when the door is open, look at the screws and they might be allen bolts and the hinges will have elongated holes, crack off but don't remove the bolts, get someone to crouch down and lift the door on the lock side while you tighten the bolts, it may be that the elongated holes are on the frame and not the door so do check first

Thanks both. The hinges are just held by Philips head screws. We have tried loosening these off and lifting the door but it doesn't make any difference.

There are access holes ( allen key shaped) on the top and bottom surface of the doorn ear the hinges, but I can't see inside (tooclose to lintel or floor) to see if there is an adjuster.

I think you really need to add some photos to end all the guess work. Inside, outside and a few of the hinges.

I too used to make and fit the Monarch Ali doors and yes they did do wrap around gasket, Fitted hundreds of them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back