How to Adjust the hanging of this is double glazed aluminium door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My aluminium double glazed kitchen door worked well this winter, but last summer and now that the weather is a few degrees warmer, the bottom of the door catches on its lower frame when I open or close the door.

To adjust the door to fix this, I am wondering if I can adjust the three hinges in photo. It looks possible if I undo all the Phillips screws (highlighted in pink on the attached), then slide the plastic concealment strips as required (highlighted in blue) the hinges won't move but maybe I can lift or jack up the door a couple of millimetres then tighten the Phillips screws.

I don't know what is in the holes (highlighted in mint green) are for. Maybe they give access to grub screws or allen bolts that also secure the door to the hinge. I'm thinking of using a trolley jack to provide a gentle means of raising the door say 2mm.

I believe the door is about 15 years old and was installed long before I moved in last year.

Any tips would be appreciated.

20230503_191825~2.jpg

Attachments

• 20230503_191722.jpg
    20230503_191722.jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 38
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back