How can I adjust this PVC door left to right?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Problem: There is a gap at the bottom of my PVC door causing a draft, it looks like the bottom needs to move to the left so that it makes contact with the rubber seal around the frame.

Attempted fixes: I've rotated the cams on the door and adjust the catches inside the frame but this wasn't enough.

Where I'm stuck: I think the bottom of the frame needs to move further away from the hinge, (right to left adjustment) as the mitres don't line up. I've looked on Everest for adjusting the door, but I can't figure out how to remove the cover from the hinge. At step 3 below, I cannot budge the cover and I am concerned that more pressure will damage it. It looks like a solid piece.

Is a right-to-left adjustment the right one to be making for this gap? How do I remove the covers for this hinge? Thank you

everest-flag-hing-door-adjustment.png

Here are some pictures of the gap and hinge:

IMG_4679.jpg

IMG_4683.png
IMG_4684.jpg

Sponsored Links
That's a Trojan patriot hinge, loosen the 2 screws right off and put a flat blade screwdriver in the gap I've arrowed and twist, the outer cap will then slide off but doesn't fall off, there you have access to your side to side adjustment using an allen key
Screenshot_20231105_124809_Samsung Internet.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back