Rightwing Backlash

It appears Jewish groups weren't confused by St. Linekers opinion...

Prominent Jews have attacked the BBC pundit after he compared the language being used to discuss UK’s asylum plans to 1930s Germany

Responding to Lineker on Twitter, Grunwald-Spier, who has also been a member of the Board of Deputies of British Jews for 15 years, said: “What is beyond awful is your comment about the Nazis. I suggest you read my book ‘Who Betrayed the Jews?’ and find out what the Nazis really did.

TheJCNews.com

Also...

The BBC has been accused of "sidestepping" a complaint about a tweet made by the sports presenter Gary Lineker last year mourning the death of a Palestinian footballer claimed by Hamas as a "martyr fighter".

UK Lawyers for Israel (UKLFI) said that Lineker failed to correct the "misleading" information in his tweet about the incident, and is escalating the complaint to the BBC’s Executive Complaints Unit.

Lineker: an anti-semite?
Shirley, there's been shome mishtake!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It appears Jewish groups weren't confused by St. Linekers opinion...

Prominent Jews have attacked the BBC pundit after he compared the language being used to discuss UK’s asylum plans to 1930s Germany

Responding to Lineker on Twitter, Grunwald-Spier, who has also been a member of the Board of Deputies of British Jews for 15 years, said: “What is beyond awful is your comment about the Nazis. I suggest you read my book ‘Who Betrayed the Jews?’ and find out what the Nazis really did.

TheJCNews.com

And, just for balance,

Susie Courtalt, 75, said she wanted to thank the BBC presenter for “speaking up for all the people who can’t voice an opinion”.​

Back