ring main accessories

Dingbat can you a Waterproof, fused connection unit with built in RCD? Make/model number would be helpful so I am buying the right equipment. Can't see the right thing in screw fix catalogue.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
56410GRY.JPG

http://www.mkelectric.co.uk/product...scription=CONNECTION+UNIT+13+AMP&rangeid=1031

not an rcd unit though

im not sure anyone does waterproof FCUs with rcds

Yes, Powerbreaker, but not sure of the model number.

They're another mfr whose quality has plummeted. Why else would their wty period now be 12m when it was 36?

The new H92 is a horrible design. Fit one and you'll see what I mean.

It is difficult to wire up - all the terms are in different planes, so you end up twisting it this way and that to get them all in, then the cord grip assembly fouls the box when you push it all back, then the casing distorts (if you wall is not completely true) and you can't get the fuseholder back in, then to cap it all, when you screw up the fuseholder, the thread strips.......

Just looked up powerbreaker:

Go to www.greenbrook.co.uk

then scroll down the green column on the l/h/s. Near the bottom, you can click the link for the waterproof RCD spur. It's a brochure in pdf format, so you need Acrobat Reader.

Sponsored Links
securespark

Posted:

They're another mfr whose quality has plummeted. Why else would their wty period now be 12m when it was 36?
This could be why the warranty period changed, but I very much doubt.
Its more than likely a change in management/direction. Yes it will be cost related but not necessarily quality.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back