Rip-off?

Sponsored Links
I'll do it for him, £1000, if I can borrow somebody's ladder

pmplane.png

Sponsored Links
Surely they are doing other work for the money? Glad its gone to a UK firm though.

Does Dom think Boris needs to look like Trump?

I'm becoming disillusioned of BJ's behaviour...

Really not convinced a trade deal will have more chance of succeeding because the plane is not grey. Nuts.

How can it cost that much?

No idea if £900k is correct price, and not sure that is needed (planes do need repainting on a schedule), but it will not be cheap and will cost a lot:

- takes 8,500-9,000 man hours to complete each plane (and this will not be cheap labour).
- plus (x-ray) surface costs to check airworthiness
- plus re-check costs to make sure nothing damaged or changed during painting.
- plus capital costs - environmentally controlled hanger with dust and paint extraction, scaffolding, X-lifts, pain removal and vac systems, paint application and extraion systems, etc
- plus overheads - insurance, NI, pensions, sales staff, management, company costs.
- plus aerospace overheads - insurance, scrutiny, documentation, documentation, and documentation (lots of this needed for planes).

Think how very expensive it is to get car repainted, and that will not kill you if they get it wrong.

SFK

There are a few articles that suggest its 300k a pop if you are doing a fleet, if the above is correct that’s probably the best part of 500k.

I do wonder if this is scheduled work that they have topped up to create some branding on.

It probably makes good commercial sense vs chartering. Particularly with the need for security and Covid cleaning. You also have the option to fit basic defence features not available on a charter.

It probably makes good commercial sense

Presumably you are not talking about spaffing the best part of a million quid on a vanity project to paint it red, white and blue.

OOI, what are the national colours of the USA? And France?

I’m not defending them. If it genuinely is 900k for a cosmetic job then it’s indefensible.

however if it’s as part of necessary work where we still don’t know how much extra was needed for the pimp my ride finish, then I remain open minded.

I’m suggesting that having your own “presidential” plane may make commercial sense vs the cost of private charter.

I don't see why Boris couldn't travel on the Queen Mary.
For all the good he does, it might be wise to tell him he's en route each time he asks, "are we there yet?"

Sponsored Links
Back