Ripping out bathroom suite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to rip out existing bath suite in an old property just bought. Is it just a case of turning off water supply and disconnecting pipework etc?

Any advice be greatly appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
before you start, i advise going out and buying a bigger hammer. Just in case... Other than that, go for it :D

Sponsored Links
Also plug the soil waste! Use an old towel in a plastic bag and bung it in hole :LOL:

Get some pushfit cap ends or some isolation valves so you can carry on working with water to the rest of the house.

id suggest testing your hot and cold gate valves for isolation. Ive never found a hot one that didnt leak so you may have to drain down the hot side if your on a cylinder. ..otherwise go knock yerself out!

if you have tanks and cylinder make sure you turn off the hot side of the system before you cut into any hot pipes, it will usually be a in your cylinder cupboard. dont think because your water is off you can cut into any raditors. they will need draining down seperately. sorry if im teaching you to suck eggs but i know before i was a plumber i knew nothing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back