Ripples in Piliington Activ glass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm building a house and I'm currently getting windows fitted with Activ glass (self cleaning) from Pilkington.

Some of these windows look fine but a number of the panels have a ripple effect which is quite obvious especially in the large sun room windows and French doors. It looks like a fun house window... Is this a known quality defect? I have large windows for the front which are from floor to roof these will look terrible if they have this effect.

Thanks

John

Sponsored Links
This will be covered within the GGF guidelines, look them up and see what they say about rippled glass

Hi

Thank you, I will do that. It seems to be the SC coating that is the problem, looking outside from in the house it is fine but looking inside from outside the house it looks terrible.

John

Sponsored Links
It will be all the toughened ones, nothing you can do about it unless you have laminated units

Yes it is the toughened ones..... Is this normal? I can see distinct "stripes" running from top to bottom. Why does it not show when looking from inside to outside?

Would of thought it depends on the angle you view it from, it is normal, look at any large tough pane and it will be the same

I wonder if the self cleaning increased reflection is making it look worse, the windows are like mirrors so reflections are increased. We are gutted it will look terrible with a full 2 story window feature.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back