Risco Lightsys. Low battery on PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Can any one help? I have a Risco Lightsys alarm. I’m now getting text messages from it saying ‘low battery event lounge’ Can I swap the batteries myself? Or do I need to call out the company that fitted it?
Thanks
John...

Sponsored Links
I know nothing about the the Risco system, sorry, but remember, change 1 battery change them all, same with all wireless systems.

Yes you can change the batteries yourself.
Good practice to change all the batteries at the same time, otherwise you will not remember which one's you have changed.
Do not forget the remote keypad has 3 batteries and the bell box has 5 batteries.

Sponsored Links
Yes you can change the batteries yourself.
Good practice to change all the batteries at the same time, otherwise you will not remember which one's you have changed.
Do not forget the remote keypad has 3 batteries and the bell box has 5 batteries.

Thanks... do I need to set anything on the alarm? Or just leave it unset then change the batteries?

John

Just take the cover off each pir and replace the battery.The tamper alarm will sound internally use your code to silence. Once all batteries replaced just reset the control panel as you would after an alarm activation .
Be careful when you take the covers off the pir ,do not break the plastic lug .
If changing keypad batteries just take cover off and replace batteries then reset.
The same with the bell box,cover off change batteries and replace cover reset

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back