Risco lightsys 2 telephone line facult

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Risco lightsys 2 alarm which works well. Recently The power button keeps flashing. The message I got from the control panel was ‘telephone Line’ fault. I do not think I have never used telephone to communicate with the system. How can I reset this to stop the flashing power button? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If its never been used then, do you have any communication devices one the system?

I am using mobile app to control the system through internet, which is also connected to Risco Cloud.

the chances are there was a fault relating to that connection, should be able to reset this depending on how its setup, with a user code or engineers code.

if not then it will need the programming looking at, at the very least.

Sponsored Links
I went through the menu on the control panel. There is no settings for this. Overall the system is not user friendly. I was trying to reset the WiFi connection due to change of router, but could not find a way to did it

that makes sense at least.

so you still need to update the system for the new wifi code?
From memory the Light sys doesn't have a wifi module, so there should be something like a vonets wifi unit that plus into the panels IP module.

You will need to access the vonets settings and change them for the new wifi settings

Yes,it is the vonets bridge. Have to start from there

yes you need to access the vonets bridge, once you update the connection settings in that it be fine.

That said the alternative would have been to set up the wifi on the new router with the old ssid and password

By changing the SSID and password of the new router? I did that but couldn’t get the Vonets connected. Any other codes should be changed, like the PIN

well if the new router is the same as the old router, power cycle the vontest unit and the router and it should work, if it doesn't you need to recheck your settings.

Many thanks for your advices and I will have a go later toady.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back