Rising Damp?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody help me?

When i purchased my house a couple of years ago, it had hollow wooden flooring. I then got a building contractor to fill the floors with building rubble and concrete over it, so we could lay tiles.

We are currently suffering from what I assume is rising damp, the paint is peeling and the plaster is crumbling.

The house was built around the 1950s and i am not sure if any DPC was installed or not at that time, I do not think the building contractor which i used for the filling of the floors used any form of DPC as well before the filling started.

If anyone can recommend any solutions to my problems or a way forward it would be greatly appreciated, as it is really starting to become a problem as it is now affecting nearly all the walls in the house.

I have contacted a company specializing in rising damp and have been given a quote for an absorbitant amount.

Please Help,

thanking all in advance.

:cry:

Sponsored Links
dig it up, lay damp proof sheet and re concrete?

avoid damp proof companies, any builder should be able to do it

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back