rising main

11 Apr 2010
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Point of curiousity as much as anything else. I've recently moved into a ground floor flat. The rising water main for the flat above me comes up in my kitchen, runs through the length of it to my airing cupboard and then goes up through the ceiling. In the event that this pipe burst and for example flooded my kitchen, who would have to pay for the damage? Would I be expected to claim on insurance or them claim on theirs? I don't actually have any insurance other than that provided by the council for the building (purpose built flats).

In hindsight, I should have plumbed the washing machine into their rising main ;)
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local