Risk Of Soil/Sewer Connection Being Hit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need new gate posts and a new gate, pls see image 1. However I want a 6ft gate high, normal-ish width (if I use exisitng fence post holes, it will just be a tad wider.

However please see my diagram in image 2 and 3. I'm assuming due to the location of my soil pipe and my kitchen waste drain and manhole covers - that my RED sewer connector pipes will be located in one of these layouts?

I want to have a rough idea because I think the fence posts will need to be dug a bit deeper and wider. Existing holes are for 125mm fence posts, I'm wondering if 125mm fence posts can hold a 6ft high gate and slightly wider than normal width... Also a bit nervous about digging fence post holes deeper if sewer pipes etc could be lurking.

Advice appreciated.

IMG-20200607-160215-1.jpg

House-Diagram.jpg

Dia2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Not sure how deep waste pipes need to be so my only advice would be to dig carefully, listening and feeling for any sort of obstruction. If you do feel an obstruction then clear away and soil/mud/clay etc until you can decide what it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back