RM stainless steel vented cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi got a RM stainless steel vented direct cylinder 450x815 about a year old.

Want to fit a 1.5bar shower pump to boost the hot as fairly poor.

As it’s SS the connections are welded 22mm so unable to get a Surrey flange for pump. I noticed there is a capped outlet on side near the top of cylinder guessing a secondary return. Would I be able to use this for the shower pump feed? Also wanted to boost all the hot taps bath/basin and sink. So could I cap the hot outlet of top of the cylinder draw off after the vent obviously! And pipe it from the pump outlet back into the hot water pipe if that makes sense?!

thanks

Sponsored Links
You can certainly use the capped outlet for a shower pump feed. You can also feed other outlets from the pump provided the vent pipe remains intact and open. You don't mention cold water but in order to keep hot and cold balanced for the shower, you should use a twin impellor pump with a dedicated feed for the cold side from the cold water cistern.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back