Roca toilet cistern

• Thread starter Reds in the blood
  • Start date
R

Reds in the blood

This I believe may be an old chestnut, but I would appreciate advice please.

Our toilet is a Roca cistern, with I believe Fluidmaster valve, which continues to trickle water down the pan after flushing. The cistern then tops up (taking only a few seconds) after about 10 to 15 minutes of the initial flushing.
It has twin buttons on the top centre. (Yes......I found how to get them off from this site ....many thanks!!!!! :oops: )

Coincidentally (??) my neighbours have a similar problem. (Our homes are on a 3 year old new-build housing development and we all moved in at more or less the same time.)

Is it likely that the valves are worn out?
Could high water pressure be the culprit. (The toilet cistern whistles like hell when it is filling from empty!)

How do we solve the problem??? :rolleyes:

Thanks in anticipation!! :D

Sponsored Links
Do you mean that the filling valve only opens 10 - 15 minutes AFTER the WC has been flushed - ie. it's sticking shut?
or that the flush valve leaks into the pan for 10 - 15 minutes after it's re-filled? ie. it's sticking open.
or something else entirely? :(

Apologies..........

Seems to be sticking partly open and therefore slowly emptying the cistern. This takes maybe 10 to 15 minutes and then the cistern refills.

Hope this has clarified things!

Sponsored Links
Take the flush valve apart and clean it. Dismal things which are cheaply made and break easily. Geberit ones are better, standard in dearer loos.

ChrisR said:
Take the flush valve apart and clean it. Dismal things which are cheaply made and break easily. Geberit ones are better, standard in dearer loos.

Thank you........Tomorrow's job sorted then!!!!!!!!!!

I had one of these flush valves leaking a couple of weeks back - but worse! There was a booster pump driving the cold supply to the whole bathroom and the inhabitants had to put up with it running for 20 seconds every 4 minutes all night, because they didn't know where to switch it off!

They were quite glad to see me next day but looked a bit haggard from lack of sleep.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back