advice on new toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We are looking to replace out toilet as the current one has a very weak flush to it, we have tried different syphons and found the best thing to use is a flapper valve but it still doesn't have a powerful flush and sometimes requires 2 to 3 flushes. We have taken the cistern apart and are sure the problem is a bad design to the pan's entry hole for the water. Pressure is good and not a problem with filling.
Also the cistern produces a lot of condensation on the outside but this is another problem to solve.
I am looking to purchase a Roca New classical toilet, partly because it looks similar to existing bathroom suite and have seen roca toilet flush and they seem powerful.
Are all roca toilets powerfull? Are there any other manufacturers I could look at the come recommended?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Both of our toilets (along with those in previous houses) require two or three flushes to clear things when I 'go'. I'm beginning to suspect it may be a natural feature of my poo.

Why not try a full bucket of water to fortify the toilet flush?

I thought 'floaters' were those thing that whirl around in your eyes - not your toilet bowl.

Sponsored Links
Thank you everyone for the in depth technical replies... :LOL:
I had a feeling I would get replies like this when I was writing the post

Check u haven't got a bit of diaphragm stuck in the inlet of the pan.

Both of our toilets (along with those in previous houses) require two or three flushes to clear things when I 'go'. I'm beginning to suspect it may be a natural feature of my poo.

I had the same problem.
Every single visit (no. 2) was blocking the loo.

I found out I wasn't drinking enough water.

More water, softer shoite, softer shoite, easier flush...done!

I had the same problem.

No, mine don't block the toilet, they just won't go away. :oops:

I had the same problem.

Several pints of Bass before retiring to bed. That will sort you out. And you won't need an alarm clock neither. :eek:

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back