Rockwool, Kingspan, Celotex - which is most mouse-proof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to insulate the loft rafters in a remote stone cottage so the loft water tanks & piping don't freeze in winter.

There is no way of keeping mice out - they can get into walls (2 ft stone) below ground level and come up inside them. I know mice just love eating foam pipe insulation and would prefer some foam they don't like.

Kingspan have phenolic insulation (K7) and urethane insulation (TP10). Is one more mouse-proof than the other? Is Celotex better? Or should I just use fibreglass batts?

Any help appreciated
Thanks
Roger

Sponsored Links
Never heard of them eating foil backed, the foil would put them off. They won't touch rockwool or fibreglass either. You can stop any tanks from freezing up by removing any insulation that may be beneath.

Why not just put some poison or traps down?

Mice won't eat fibre-wool insulation but will very happily live in it, so their burrowing will produce similar effects.

I've read that they don't like wire-wool, so can imagine that the same might apply to foil.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back