ROK went down the pan yesturday

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seven of use lost our jobs yesturday as a result of ROK going to the wall.
Was working for a firm who was contracted to them. Large school extension half finished. **** happens
Wonder how many smaller companys it will take with it.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hear that Wilki.

These are tough times, and the mere fact that a big company can go to the wall, does not bode well for us smaller independents.

Graham

Sorry to hear that . So bloody near Christmas too - like the bad old days again . See youre in Sussex, there is a fair bit going on where D_H has retired to. ;) May be of some use to you. I can`t feel sorry for the firm itself though - I happen to live near to an estate where I was a DLO plumber in early 80`s : Now or rather until the other day , ROK were always there doing same job as I used to @ 2 x £ , probably . All you taxpayers ` money wasted again :idea:

Rok its self I think was a shambles, but the small companys that it would get in were hard working and got on with the job. The sparky company are owed 150Gs, and our company more, we went to take away 50 rads that were waiting to be fitted and was told we couldnt touch them, 50 were already fitted.

Sponsored Links
My mate was on one of their school sites yesterday as he subbs for an M&E contractor. As soon a the gaffer found out they had gone under evry van was sent there and a mad rush started to get out al the gear, mains boards ripped of the walls, boilers and solar panels removed etc. The site manager was in abit of dismay and telling people they couldnt remove stuff. Ha Ha, joiners were even removing doors they had hung!

They are/were a big concern with good contracts. The Liquidators will soon find a buyer. Maybe slim it down somewhat but the core business will go on. Whether the Sparks etc get their money is another matter though.

They are/were a big concern with good contracts. The Liquidators will soon find a buyer. Maybe slim it down somewhat but the core business will go on. Whether the Sparks etc get their money is another matter though.
Trouble with that is, it will probably be some of the directors who buy the firm. Walk away from the old one owing nothing, then continue with the new one. It's the small businesses who will lose out again, who are owed money by ROK. Could send small firms to the wall too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back