Roller door shutter come off top brackets... help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi roller shutter door has come off top 3 brackets and the lips have bent (see photos) is this fixable? Thanks

PXL_20230513_162739089.jpg

PXL_20230513_162733633.jpg

Sponsored Links
You’ve got some bits missing/broken

I believe they come in different sizes so you need to make sure to get the correct ones for your door. It may also need the stops resetting too.

It looks, from what I can see in the photos - as if the straps have ripped out of the top of the door, distorting the lip it locates in, at the edge of the door. Normally, the straps are meant to slide into position along the lip, then fix onto the rotating spindle. Could you disconnect the strap from the spindle, the locate the straps at an undamaged place along the lip of the door?

The idea is for the straps to go 'over centre', so as to jam, or lock the door closed. I would guess that the cause of the problem, being that the door wound itself too far 'over centre', ripping the straps off the door? In which case, the closed limit needs some adjustment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back