Roller shutter problem

The second shutter you say has the NVR in the waterproof enclosure.

I am assuming the electrical wiring and plug then runs in to the house?

Also are you not worried someone could open the waterproof enclosure and manual open the shutters?

Finally any links to the waterproof enclosure?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would like to have an external shutter like yours installed however I have been told electrictrics isn't something they sort out and I would need an electrician.
That's fairly normal for electricalo work - roller shutter guys aren't electricians and therefore can't run the wiring or sign it off, which a sparky can do

The will install the shutter however leave the nvr control unit on the wall next to the shutter with a 1.5m cable. My question is, is the NVR unit safe there? Surely its not waterproof and secondly can someone get in to the rear yard and open the shutter by pressing the button. Secondly can I just extend the cable using a junction box (ip68) and plug it to my kitchen? If so how would I protect the wiring outside?
Firstly, you can get IP67 rated electrical boxes and switch gear for use outdoors - your electrician should be able to advise, or failing that maybe a technical rep from an electrical wholesaler. Whatever you choose, you need to include the electrician in the decision as well - no point in getting something he can't/won't install.

Secondly, it is possible to get stop switches with a key unlock to isolate the gate, even Amazon sell them. These are not uncommon on industrial sites

Waterproof Locking Emergency Stop Switch.jpg

Thirdly, as there are vehicles entering an leaving I'd have thought you'd want to give consideration to having a more robust wiring set-up, a bit like what you'd have in a factory where they are using FLTs, i.e. a metal IP67 enclosure and the wi=ring run outside via steel conduit - both weatherproof and pretty good at resisting wayward scrapes with a vehicle, etc

Based on having had industrial units in the past with electric RSDs and having had an FLT in a couple of them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back