Roller Garage Door Won't Stop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have an Essati roller garage door that accidentally got something shut in it. Since then the stop limit when raising the door has disappeared. It stops at the right place when we lower it but when we raise it it just keeps turning, meaning the door comes out of it's tracks.

The door was installed when we bought the house and as Essati doors are no longer trading (we've heard all the bad things about them) we can't get any direct help from them and every other repair service won't touch the door as soon as you mention Essati.

What I'm wondering is whether anyone has any idea how to adjust the stop limit on this type of door. Most roller doors seem to have an easily visible stop limit adjuster on the motor but there is nothing obvious on this one. My husband is quite handy so we're happy to have a go at it ourselves but need someone to point us in the direction of where the stop limit is adjusted on this model.

I've attached some photo of each part of the door and if anyone has any ideas or knowledge on these things it would be very much appreciated

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0401.JPG
    IMG_0401.JPG
    401.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0402.JPG
    IMG_0402.JPG
    351.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0403.JPG
    IMG_0403.JPG
    345.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0405.JPG
    IMG_0405.JPG
    247.9 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0404.JPG
    IMG_0404.JPG
    338.9 KB · Views: 101
Sponsored Links
My knowledge of dealing with auto garage doors is very limited but in each case I was asked to look at them after someone pulled the emergency release cord. From memory, the reset process involved manually moving the door back up, then down and then flicking a button on the fixed door controller to reset the open/close parameters. Whilst ensuring that the emergency release was re-engaged.

Sorry, I don't have the time to follow the following video but it might be worthwhile having a butcher's

https://www.garagedoorspcl.com/blog/how-to-disengage-and-reengage-your-garage-door/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back