Noisy roller garage door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Henderson roller garage door which has become very noisy, particularly when going up. It is less than 3 years old and is fairly wide, being for a double garage. The alignment has been checked, there is no apparent damage anywhere, the "claws" that suspend the door are properly fixed and the electric motor is working normally. The noise sounds as though the slats are sticking as the door wraps around the top roller but the gaps in the slats have been pressure washed and lubricated generously with silicone lubricant. None of this has made much difference and the door still creaks, clicks, squeaks and knocks loudly as the door rises. Any suggestions as to the cause or cure would be welcomed.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried the hendersons helpline, i think you'll get a more accurate answer from them rather than a 101 guesses and suggestions from us lot, unless of course there are some garage door installers knocking around here?

I understand that, unfortunately, Henderson has gone out of business - if you can point me to a successor help line, that would be very helpful.

Sponsored Links
A correction to my previous comment:- apparently, Henderson are still in business but sold the garage door side of it in 2008. I will try to find out the new owner and see if they have a help line.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back