Rollers and brushes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, am gonna re emulsion all the internal walls of my house, i want to invest in some decent rollers and brushes, most recommendations point to American products, but im hoping to start tomorro, is there anything that is above the cheap brands in the U.k that is worthwile purchasing? Thank you

Sponsored Links
As a professional decorator, I tend to buy Purdy rollers and extension poles. I also tend to buy purdy brushes. The great thing about their poles and rollers is that they have a little button which allows you slide the roller on to the pole, rather than having twist it on and off. Might not sound like a big deal but I can find myself swapping poles 20+ times a day.

Roller and sleeve (the extension pole only extends to about 2ft though- but is very useful when working in confined areas such as stairwells).

Extension pole not cheap but ideal for hallways and to reach over furniture- eg beds

Brushes for emulsion

Brushes for oil based paints

If you are using oil based paints, spend £20ish on a Brush Mate 4- it is a storage box that uses vapours to keep the brushes wet. No need to clean oil based brushes at the end of each day- not suitable for brushes that have been used to apply waterbased paints (those can be kept wet in plastic bags, as can the rollers).

I have only linked to Brewers, most local decent decorators' merchants will sell all of the above.

EDIT------- BTW Purdy are American but widely available in the UK

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back