Roof Detail Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I'm doing a college project in Scotland in which I'm designing an extension, and would appreciate some help.

I've designed a garage space, big enough for a saloon car (2850mm wide), with adjoining utility space; one is solid floor and the other, a suspended timber floor, respectively.

This will be a side extension to the existing gable of a home, where I intend to slap through to create an entrance from the utility to existing kitchen.

I'd like to echo the build of the existing home; have a pitched roof, with thin bargeboard, marley roof tiles and the eaves/soffit detail sitting on the outer skin of the brickwork, with fifestone basecourse

I'm going to have 2 layers of brickwork, with full-fill insulation, and the dividing wall between garage and utility to be twin brickleaf.

There will be one upcv window in the utility room on the back wall; I'm going to detail it in such a way that where the top of the window finishes, the fascia begins.

I'm relatively confident of the floor construction, however I'm unsure of the build-up of the trussed rafters, dimensions, etc. and how to actually detail the roof build up. I'm aware that I need a lintel above the narrow casement window in the garage, but am unsure if the bargeboard can sit on this; or if brickwork continues past the lintel and then the bargeboard.

Could someone kindly point me to any accredited details online or offer any advice?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back