Roof problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi found out after I posted to building forum there is a roof one ! I did get a few responses on the building one but might be more appropriate on this one.
Thinking of buying an 1800 grade 11 listed house the roof gives me a little concern when I went back for a second look. From the attached phone on the end of the tiles as they come off the end( gable?) they have dropped and as u can see from the pictures a few bits of morter has dropped down on the roof below. Does any one think it would be a big job ( all roof off) or smaller job? I have put a modern roof on but the tiles were much bigger and the over hang was marginal to the percentage of the tile on the over hang with this type of tile it surely must have some other kind of surport ? ( batterns over hang ?) and as they have rotted the roof has partly fallen down ?!

Many thanks

Jules

Sponsored Links
Thanks freddy I thought I posted the pictures guess I am a bit of a tech no phobe !

That's a lovely plain clay tile roof (handmades?) and if it were mine, however it's repaired I wouldn't let any old roofer near it who's only used to Marley Moderns.
As it's listed, you would need to get approval for work done; eg don't go slapping cement mortar up the verges etc.

Sponsored Links
Strip verges, replace undercloaks, rebed verge tiles (lime mortar) Days work.

Clay pegtiles, Maybe a 4x2 rafter external of the brikwork rather than a barge board, or could simply be either a slate undrcloak or a tile uncloak bedded direct to brickwork. Pictures show limited detail.
scaffold required repair work should be easy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back