Roof Rack Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm going to fix a blk soil pipe to my roof rack, with screwed access & cap to hold my pipes.
Can anyone tell me if the clips people normally use are standard 110mm pipe clips??
I find it hard to believe that these can stop the pipe slipping when travelling.

Can anyone confirm how it's fixed?

Ta

Graham

Sponsored Links
i`d consider checking your insurance , if you have an accident with a home made copper tube carrier you could end up footing the bill or getting taken to court by the old bill .

I have a purposed made Aluminium tube , its secured with a bracket and bolts .

The ****** love pipe racks as well, and have a knack of telling when you have just filled it up.

30m 22mm copper £100 :eek:

Sponsored Links
thanks,

still like to know what clips are used on plastic pipe if anyone knows?

Think how much you'll save, then think how much the aggro will cost you. Then forget saving peanuts and get a proper one. If you're doing plumbing you'll pay for it in less than a morning (well, for a 3m one). :rolleyes:

GrahamT said:
thanks,

still like to know what clips are used on plastic pipe if anyone knows?

A couple of bungee straps from tescos will do the job fine. Then you can take it off if necessary.
Gaffer tape is optional

GrahamT said:
Hi

I'm going to fix a blk soil pipe to my roof rack, with screwed access & cap to hold my pipes.
Can anyone tell me if the clips people normally use are standard 110mm pipe clips??
I find it hard to believe that these can stop the pipe slipping when travelling.

Can anyone confirm how it's fixed?

Ta

Graham

you can "lock" the end cap with a wood screw in a hidden position [on top ]countersunk slightly and screwed in the side off the cap this will stop the cap turning and give the impression the cap is glued on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back