Roof Verge Mortar Gap - New Build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope somebody can help.

My new build roof verge, has a small gap (purple dots) between the muck and the board. Is this anything to worry about? Does it need mastic or repointing or is it normal?

Attachments

• dji_fly_20240202_141838_743_1706883729201_photo_optimized~4.JPG
    dji_fly_20240202_141838_743_1706883729201_photo_optimized~4.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 45
Sponsored Links
Hope somebody can help.

My new build roof verge, has a small gap (purple dots) between the muck and the board. Is this anything to worry about? Does it need mastic or repointing or is it normal?
The verge mortar quickly delaminates from the cloak due to ex/con of the tiles. Nowt to fret about. Eventually it will wear and become loose over the years.

The verge mortar quickly delaminates from the cloak due to ex/con of the tiles. Nowt to fret about. Eventually it will wear and become loose over the years.
Thanks...bit of a novice all things construction...."it will wear and become loose" isn't that a bad thing?

Sponsored Links
Soak the under cloak before you bed helps.
In this case ask your guys , it looks a half decent job

Soak the under cloak before you bed helps.
In this case ask your guys , it looks a half decent job
Thank you. I guess what I am really asking is can it be left as it is, or does it need remedial action. Is there an issue with wind driven rain. Is the mortar more likely to degrade with the the gap. Any suitable products to fill the gap?

As you have no timber barge boards the most you will get to staining on the brickwork , especially at the joints of the under cloak

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back